the STATUTES of Asian AVA
Asian Association of Veterinary Anatomists (abbreviation: Asian AVA)
The legal seat of AFLAS is where the General Secretariat is located.
Asian AVA is the Asian-regional branch of the World Association of Veterinary Anatomists (WAVA). To promote through international co-operation Asian Congresses on Veterinary Anatomy, Histology and Cytology for the purpose of reviewing scientific, technical and educational problems in Veterinary Anatomical, Histological, Cytological and Molecular Sciences, and to develop other relevant activities in the interest of Veterinary Anatomy, Histology, Cytology and Molecular-biology.
Membership shall consist of WAVA. Additionally, persons recommended by WAVA member are also included.
The offices of Asian AVA are:
- a) Membership:
The Council shall consist of the President, adequate number of Vice-Presidents, the Secretary-general, the Treasurer and the Auditor (the immediate past-President) are represented from each Member Association.
- b) Duties:
The duties of the Council shall be to admit new Membership, to select the President, the Vice-Presidents, the Secretary-general and the Treasurer, none of whom is required to be member of the Council. The Council will meet during the course of an Asian Congress. The Council shall be responsible for approving membership dues and disbursement of funds. It shall solicit invitations to host Asian Congresses and select from prospects the country to organize each meeting. It shall deliberate and stipulate the by-laws of the Federation. Decisions of the Council shall be taken by simple majority.
- a) Membership:
- Executive Board:
The President, the Vice-Presidents, the Secretary-general and the Treasurer shall act as an Executive Board. The Auditor (the immediate past-President) is part of it in an advisory capacity, without voting rights. The duties of the Executive Board shall be established in the by-laws.
Subject to Council approval the President shall be the nominee of the Association or Society of the country or region that is selected to organize the next Asian Congress. The President shall serve for a period from the end of one Asian Congress to the end of the next. The President shall preside over the meetings of the Council and, as directed by the actions of that body, supervise the activities of the Secretary-general. The President shall represent Asian AVA as official spokesman and act as President of the Asian Congresses.
The Vice-Presidents shall be elected by the Council members to serve for a period from the end of one Asian Congress to the end of the next. Adequate number of the Vice-Presidents will be determined by the President. The Vice-Presidents shall be determined by the Council, and the Vice-Presidents shall act in the capacities of the President when the President is unable to serve.
The Secretary-general will be determined by the President. The duties of the Secretary-general shall be established in the by-laws.
The Treasurer will be determined by the President. The duties of the Treasurer shall be established in the by-laws.
The Auditor is the immediate past-President and advise for the Council and the Executive board members. The Auditor shall audit the accounts of Asian AVA. The duties of the Auditor shall be established in the by-laws.
- Each Member of Asian AVA shall be a member of WAVA and pay a membership fee to the WAVA.
- No additional membership fee will be demanded. However, when additional membership fees should be necessary, it shall be discussed by Executive Board members and then determined by the Council.
VII. WORK OF ASIAN AVA
- Asian AVA shall arrange for the Asian Congress on Veterinary Anatomical, Histological, Cytological and Molecular Sciences to be held once every 2 years and encourage the participation by scientists and technical workers in the field of Veterinary Anatomical, Histological, Cytological Molecular Sciences in the Congress. Asian AVA shall select a host Member Country to organize a Congress in accordance with the requirements for developing the Asian Congress and collaborate with it in the Congress preparation.
- Asian AVA shall advise and nominate membership of organizing groups, symposia, or other functions when invited by appropriate organizations, if Council considers it can contribute usefully by doing so.
- Asian AVA shall facilitate the interchange of information among Member Associations on activities and function of common interest. This may include information concerning office bearers in Member Associations, honorÕs conferred on members of Member Associations, and other matters of common interest.
- Asian AVA shall publish scientific journal to encourage Asian scientists in the field of Veterinary Anatomical, Histological, Cytological Molecular Sciences.
VIII. COLLABORATION WITH OTHER INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Asian AVA shall collaborate closely with regional, national and international organizations having similar field of activity.
IX. REVISION OF STATUTE AND DISSOLUTION OF ASIAN AVA
The Council shall have the right to revise the Statute of Asian AVA and to declare its dissolution by a two-thirds majority vote. Member Countries may withdraw membership at their discretion.